In this four-day training, you learn how to deploy, configure, maintain, and troubleshoot Windows Server 2019. The training is extensive and covers almost all aspects of Windows Server 2019. You learn what’s new and updated but also common and best practices for handling legacy components in Windows Server 2019.
You learn to build domain controllers, file servers, remote desktop servers, advanced networking, Hyper-V, Storage Spaces Direct, Storage Replica, Failover Cluster, bare metal deployment, migration, upgrading, monitoring, Windows Admin Center, and more. In just four days you learn almost every part of Windows Server 2019.
You use PowerShell and/or UI to deploy and configure all servers and systems.
You basically start with nothing, and after four days, you have it all installed and configured. The training is based on modules, so you can pick and choose the parts you like and skip parts you don’t find interesting. The lab will be just the way you want it!
Mikael Nyström, Expert in System Center Cloud & Datacenter Management, has developed the lab based on real-world experience building private clouds, data center fabrics, and traditional enterprise environments.
You receive all the scripts so that you can rerun all the exercises when you get back from training or modify them for use in your environment.
Requirements: You should have previous experience with Windows Server, Active Directory, infrastructure, virtualization, and Microsoft-based server environments.
During the training we will talk about:
- Deploying Windows Server 2019
- Bare metal deployment using MDT
- PowerShell-based deployment
- Create reference images
- Disable unneeded services
- Installing and configuring basic infrastructure services
- Install and configure Active Directory
- Install and configure DHCP and DNS
- Install and configure file and print services
- Configure firewall rules
- Configure monitoring and health functions
- Remote Desktop Services
- Installation and configuration
- Publish applications
- Use the new web-based client
- Storage and Hyper-V
- Design, install, and configure Storage Spaces Direct
- Design, install, and configure a hyper-converged infrastructure
- Design, install, and configure a Hyper-V failover cluster
- Configure Hyper-V switches
- Configure nested Hyper-V
- Design, install, and configure Storage Replica
- Failover Cluster
- Install and Configure
- Using Cluster-sets
- Configure and use storage migration tools
- In-place upgrade of Windows Server
- Rolling upgrade of a Windows failover cluster
- Design, install, and configure Windows Admin Center
- Standard PowerShell management
- DSC-based management
- Common boot issues
- BSOD Analysis
- Application compatibility
After this lab, you will have the knowledge and understanding to build, use, and administrator a Windows Server 2019 environment.
Target Group: IT-pros and administrators that wants to build a modern datacenter for an enterprise or hosting environment.