Create secure solutions using Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), SmartCards CLM and more. Get hands-on experience building secure solutions for Smart Cards, encryption, Secure Access and other exciting applications.
During this PKI and Active Directory training you will learn how to plan, install and manage PKI and ADCS in your own environment.
Get a grip of Certificate Lifecycle Management using proprietary TrueSec-tools and suitable products to administrate smart cards and certificates. Install, configure, test, and manage PKI with Active Directory, basic PKI expertise in design, standards and safety requirements in your own environment.
New features in Windows Server will be covered. Active Directory Certificate Services (ADCS) in Windows Server provides multiple new features and capabilities such as Virtual Smart Cards, Key-Based Renewal Support, Version 4 Certificate Templates, PowerShell Deployment and Management. The course is run on the latest version of Windows Server.
The hands-on labs are based on real-life scenarios
They cover the design and deployment enrollment services, revocation checking, SHA1 to SHA2 migrations, disaster recovery scenarios, certificate reporting, CA database management, code Signing, key-pair file management, smartcard logon and enrollment agents.
After completing this hands-on PKI and Active Directory training, you will be able to:
- Describe PKI and the major components of a PKI.
- Design a certification authority (CA) hierarchy to meet business requirements.
- Install Certificate Services to create a CA hierarchy.
- Perform certificate management tasks, CA management tasks, and plan for disaster recovery of Certificate Services.
- Create and publish a certificate template, and replace an existing certificate template.
- Enroll a certificate manually, auto-enroll a certificate, and enroll a smart card certificate.
- Implement key archival and recovery in ADCS.
- Configure trust between organizations by configuring and implementing qualified subordination.
- Deploy smart cards in a Windows environment.
- Secure a Web environment by implementing SSL security and certificate-based authentication for Web applications.
- Implementing and managing Certificate based BitLocker Data Recovery
- Implement and use code signing
During the training we will talk about:
- Overview of Public Key Infrastructure
- Introduction to PKI
- Introduction to Cryptography
- Certificates and Certification Authorities
- Designing a Certification Authority Hierarchy
- Identifying CA Hierarchy Design Requirements
- Common CA Hierarchy Designs
- Documenting Legal Requirements
- Analyzing Design Requirements
- Designing a CA Hierarchy Structure
- Identifying Applications and Certificate Holders
- Identifying Technical and Business Requirements
- Designing a CA Hierarchy
- Creating a Certification Authority Hierarchy
- Configuring CAPolicy.inf
- Creating an Offline CA
- Validating Certificates
- Planning CRL Publication
- Defining CRL and AIA Publication Settings
- Publishing the CRL and AIA Information
- Validating the PKI Health of your CA Hierarchy
- Managing a Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)
- Introduction to PKI Management
- Managing Certificates
- Managing Certification Authorities
- Planning for Disaster Recovery
- Role Separation
- Restricting Certificate Managers
- Enabling Certificate Services Auditing
- Configuring Certificate Templates
- Introduction to Certificate Templates
- Designing and Creating a Certificate Template
- Publishing a Certificate Template
- Managing Changes in a Certificate Template
- Delegating Certificate Template Administration Permissions
- Superseding a Certificate Template
- Configuring Certificate Enrollment
- Introduction to Certificate Enrollment
- Enrolling Certificates Manually
- Autoenrolling Certificates
- Key Archival and Recovery
- Introduction to Key Archival and Recovery
- Implementing Key Archival and Recovery
- PKI Trust Between Organizations
- Introduction to Advanced PKI Hierarchies
- Qualified Subordination Concepts
- Configuring Constraints in a Policy.inf File
- Implementing Qualified Subordination
- Deploying Smart Cards
- Introduction to Smart Cards
- Enrolling Smart Card Certificates
- Deploying Smart Cards
- Smart Card Enrollment Agent Requests
- Planning for Re-enrollment
- Securing Web Traffic by Using SSL
- Introduction to SSL Security
- Enabling SSL on a Web Server
- Implementing Certificate-based Authentication
- Certificate Mapping in Active Directory
- Certificate Mapping in IIS
- Configuring BitLocker Recovery
- Introduction to BitLocker Recovery
- Configuring BitLocker recovery
- Recovering BitLocker volumes
- Code Signing
- Introduction to Code Signing
- Implementing code signing templates
- Managing trusted publishers
Requirements: Basic understanding of Active Directory administration and system security.
Materials: Manuals and examples in e-format, best practises, sample files and tools
Target Group: This PKI and Active Directory training address those that intend to implement a PKI solution.